Every electronic circuit made by many type of components so it is very important to know which is passive and active component are. Let’s go through them one by one as follows :
- Active components deliver power or energy to the circuit.
- An active component is an electronic component which supplies energy to a circuit.
- They are capable of providing power gain.
- Active components can control the flow of current.
- They require an external source for the operations.
- Active components are energy donor.
- Examples Diodes, Transistors, SCR, Integrated circuits etc.
- A passive component is an electronic component which may only receive energy, which it can either dissipate, absorb or store it in an electrical field or a magnetic flux .
- Passive elements don’t need any sort of electric power to work .
- Devices which stores energy in the form of voltage or current.
- They are incapable of providing power gain.
- Passive components cannot control the flow of the current.
- They do not require any external source for the operations.
- Passive components are energy acceptor.
- Examples : Resistor, Capacitor, Inductor etc.